This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We found out about why Christians celebrate Christmas and retold the story of Christmas.
- We used alliteration, similes and metaphors to describe Christmas.
- We planned and wrote calligrams (shape poems) using these words and phrases.
- We solved problems involving finding change.
- We used positional and directional language to solve a variety of Christmas maths challenges!
- We thoroughly enjoyed performing our Christmas play ‘The Inn-Spectors’ to all of our family and friends. Miss Horton, Mrs Fox and Mrs Harris were VERY proud of us for our wonderful acting and singing!
- We made Christmas Cards for our pen-pals at Swing Gate School.
- We created a variety of Christmas decorations.
What a fantastic week of learning Giraffes; well done!
Next week we are looking forward to continuing our Christmas celebrations with a trip to the pantomime and a special Christmas lunch to look forward to!