This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We looked at the life of Rosa Parks.
- We discussed the meaning of ‘fair’ and ‘unfair’ in relation to Rosa Parks and formed our own opinions.
- We wrote about how Rosa may have felt.
- We had a debate over Mrs Cooper’s new rule; should girls go to lunch first?
- We wrote letters to Mrs Cooper explaining reasons for our opinions and views.
- We began to look at multiplication.
- We counted in twos, fives and tens and found multiples of different numbers.
- We found out about the relationship between repeated addition and multiplication.
- We used arrays to multiply.
- We finished our topic on ‘London’ with an extra special visit from the fire service, who talked all about fire safety.
- We made poppies to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War 1.
- We enjoyed gymnastics with Mrs Charles and practised jumping, stretching and rolling!
What a brilliant first week back, well done!
Next week we will be beginning our new topic focusing on Michael Rosen. We will be finding out about his life and performing a selection of his poems.