This week Lion Class have been learning:
- We focused on contractions and how to use apostrophes to replace missing letters in words.
- We found out about the diary of Samuel Pepys and its importance.
- We planned our own diary entries; imagining how we would feel if we had been alive at the time of The Great Fire of London.
- We added amounts of money and used bar models to show our working.
- We solved problems involving money by calculating different ways to make a variety of amounts.
- We found out how to give change and how to calculate how much change could be given from different amounts.
- We continued to look at materials in science.
- We found out about different materials and their uses.
- We described the properties of materials and sorted them in different ways.
- We had a fantastic time at Frogmore Paper Mill! We learnt how to make paper, were given a tour of the factory and used microscopes to investigate the different fibres paper is made from.
Well done Lions on a wonderful week and a brilliant trip to finish it off!