This week Giraffe Class have been learning:
- We started the new term by writing recounts about our exciting Easter holidays!
- We focused on practising our reading comprehension skills.
- We played a variety of reading comprehension games and answered questions about different texts.
- We used different strategies to read and decode unknown words.
- We looked at measure and found out about measuring capacity, length, weight and temperature.
- We read a variety of different scales to measure in different intervals.
- We investigated different units of measurement.
- We practised addition and subtraction by solving a variety of problems.
- We continued to look at the artist Henri Rousseau and created fact files about his life.
- We completed our pictures in the style of Henri Rousseau; focusing on his drawings of plants and flowers.
- We started practising Maypole Dancing with Ms Caperon!
- We found out about the different methods of seed dispersal and how different plants grow in different places.
What a fantastic first week back Giraffes; well done!
Next week we will continue to practise our reading comprehension skills. We will be using a variety of strategies in maths to solve multiplication and division problems.